Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Vampyre Sn Vs. Vampyre Nt

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by LeadFingers, Jun 21, 2018.

1. LeadFingers

LeadFingers

Hi -
    For those in the know...

I have the opportunity to pick up a Vampyre SN at a reasonable price (IMHO). There are Vampyre NT's available for quite a bit more (like 2-3 times the price). There are no Warwick dealers nearby (i.e. within 200 miles) that carry Vampyres, so trying a new one is out of the question for now. One of the NTs is within driving distance, so trying is certainly an option. I've been gassing for Vampyres for several years but really can't justify a brand new Custom Shop (NT) model at this time (I know, I know - want to buy but can't try????)

Assuming all other things equal (i.e. basses are in good shape, I actually LIKE Vampyres after playing them) how do SN's stack up to NT's? That's a wide open question, but who knows.... maybe some off the wall answer will resonate (along with other observations/recommendations.)

Thanks in advance!

jester and RIP like this.
  2. RIP

RIP California U.S.A. Supporting Member

I can't answer what the differences are, but I thought I'd give you a "like" just because you want one.....they are very cool IMO!

jester likes this.
  3. PaulS

PaulS Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Well I don't really know how much difference there is, but I played one in NYC when I bought my Streamer and they sound great, and play very well for the shape. I would think the sustain will be better with the NT, but I personally think NT sound a little darker than bolt on necks, which is why I don't have neck through. I haven't played a set neck. Someone here will be able to help i am sure.

RIP likes this.
  4. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

In the second video you may notice the NT does not sound that dark...
    I sadly never heard the SN, but you can pick them up at attractive prices on the used market. The NT not so much...

LeadFingers and RIP like this.
  5. LeadFingers

LeadFingers

Thanks! I've not seen the 2nd video. Any sound bites help.

6. Henrythe8

Henrythe8 Dolphin Hoarder

You can find sounds of infinity, or dolphin SN-TCS. Those are basically the same woods, same pickup placement, same architecture, but different shape.

Hoggles likes this.