Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)
  1. Foal30

Foal30 Supporting Member

he has a website and a YouTube channel

Have a look, I quite like the Song series, I've watched the Steely Dan, Police and RATM ones. And now Janes Addiction and Tool and David Dowie

I didn't know Tool but thought it was a cool analysis on subdividing the count.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 11:14 AM
    CliffHNZ likes this.
  2. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris

He lost a lot of my viewership when I left a very gentle constructive criticism on one of his videos, and he reacted like a child, even chastising me for daring to comment even though I hadn't bought that stupid fucking "Beato Book" he's always on about. Some good videos, but he's mostly a dick IMO. I'd rather watch Aimee Nolte or Adam Neely any day.

CliffHNZ likes this.
  3. Foal30

Foal30 Supporting Member

I haven't heard Aimee Nolte.

Adam Neely I'm pretty sure it was you who put me onto his stuff. Probably watched 10 of his there was one I thought was A+Excellent , can't remember the name of the clip but is was a "Rhythmic Notation" guide.

CliffHNZ likes this.
  4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris

Neely's stuff tends to be more esoteric "think pieces", which I completely love. Nolte's stuff is more practical: ear training and theory stuff. She's very jazz-oriented.

Another good one is 12Tone. That one's almost entirely theory, and tends more towards rock/pop.

CliffHNZ and jester like this.
  5. Foal30

Foal30 Supporting Member

It's noticeable (well at least to me) that some Internet people get angry quite quickly when asked or challanged

If someone asks me a question that should be a good thing

Also I ask questions without shame, as in I don't care that it may be a 'basic' or even simplistic question.